Thursday, February 01, 2007

Return of the blogger

OK, so "tomorrow" took some 6 days to show up. But I'm here, aren't I? And with gorgeous yarn and recipes!!

The promised recipe first :
I came up with this method of making tilapia after reading another recipe made with mustard paste. Let's call it "Tilapia in Red Chilli Mustard Sauce"
Cut up the tilapia fillets into bit size pieces, rub turmeric and salt into it. Let it marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours. At the end of those 2 hours, heat a small amount of mustard oil in a pan and fry the tilapia pieces. Set aside.
In a pan, heat some oil add jeera (cumin) and methi (fenugreek) seeds. Then add a whole dried red chilli broken into pieces. Fry for a few seconds, then add rough chopped onions. Saute until the onions are golden brown. Add a 1/4 tsp yellow mustard powder. Add a tsp of tomato paste, stir then add a quarter cup of water. Transfer mixture into a blender and puree. Return to the pan, add fish pieces, salt, chopped cilantro. Serve hot with rice.

And now for the YARN!
This is what I recently got in the mail and I'm totally in awe.


That's 2 hanks each of Artyarns Regal Silk and Supermerino in Yellow Ferns (133) and 1 hank of the supermerino in Cappucino. Aren't they beautiful? Here's another picture with true colors:


The silk will become a scarf in the Column of Leaves pattern and it's supermerino partner will become a pair of mittens and a flat topped hat. The lone skein of supermerino will become... hmm, I don't know yet. Something lovely.

I really really want to buy more of the artyarns silk and one of their sexy short-sleeve top pattern and go for it. But I'm yet to attempt making a garment. So... I guess I have to wait. Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

And I finished and mailed my sister's hat in Homespun Quartz. It's the left one in the picture and is in plain k2p2 ribbing. The one on the right was an experiment that needs more thought. It has a k1p1 ribbed brim, and the body is knit in garter. It's too loose. Oh and there's still yarn leftover from the one skein of Homespun after these 2 hats.


I finally started on my Shadow lace scarf and finished the bottom of my soon-to-be-felted tote in Cascade 220. I'm itching to start a new scarf with some yarn I will get soon. Think handpainted in yellows and browns. More on that later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Isn't the Artyarns silk beautiful? I just bought a skein today, and I dont know if I will even do anything with it. I just want to keep it as a pet!

2:15 PM  
Blogger VR said...

Hi Emma! I know what you mean about wanting to keep it as a pet , it's so soft and beautiful I can't bring myself to cast on yet :)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home