Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring is just around the corner!

Much as I like having a proper winter, there are few things that make me as happy as warm spring weather. Yay for this gorgeous mild breezy day!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And in the distance -

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In celebration I bought this a couple of weeks ago on sale:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Can you see how plush, soft and yummy it is? It's Misti Alpaca Cotton & Pima in Buttercream. I'm not crazy about the color, so once I knit it up I may dye it. Haven't thought that through yet, we'll see how it looks. As for what to make with it, I've searched high and low for something simple, light, summery and yet special. Let me save you the trouble - it's well hidden. So, I decided to design my own and started making notes and sketches. Then I thought, design my own top when I'm knitting a garment for the very first time?? Uh huh no way. So, now I've sort of settled on Mesilla by Stefanie Japel. I think it's a really cute top and pretty simple too.
I'm waiting to finish the My So Called Scarf before I start swatching for this.

Speaking of scarves, I'm almost done with the MSCS and about 24 inches into the Malabrigo ribbed scarf. The cascade bag and fan and feather lace scarf have been put on hold until I complete these scarves (they take forever). Coming up: FO pictures in next post!

In a fit of homesickness, I made this the other day:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is called "Shamige Uppittu" and it is a popular South Indian breakfast dish made from vermicilli. It turned out to be exactly what I needed.

Happy weekend, world!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ria said...

Yet another fabulous pic of the rockies....

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home