Thursday, March 22, 2007

Funk not so funky

I've been in a cooking funk lately and it's making me miserable. Not to mention other hungry members of this household. I can't seem to bring myself to cook anything beyond the basic so here's the result of my herculean effort today.
A pot of dal to be served with chapati and achar.

















The colorful MSCS is still happily pinned to the gingham - my first real attempt at wet blocking. Whaddya know, it works! I'm going to finish the fringe maybe tomorrow then it'll officially become an FO.

And I cast on and knit a few inches of Mesilla. It's an easy pattern so far, but I suspect I'll be scrambling to take back those words in no time.
And yeah my first guage swatch wasn't quite the success either. Initially I knit a flat version and the fabric was too loose for my taste. Then I figured I should swatch in the round because the top is knit in the round. Do I own correct needles sizes in 16" or DPNs? No. So, this kind lady on KH tells me it can be done on a circular by not turning your work every row. I do that and viola! Fabric is much denser, but I just cannot get guage. size 8 gives me 4.5, size 9 appears to give me 4.5 as well, size 10 makes an open fabric and gives me 3.5 - 4. I needed 4. So, I just decided to knit one size larger on size 9. And now I find out all the neck/yoke is knit in the flat. My super loose purl. *sigh*
Here it is seconds before trying to fly off the balcony-

















How come it's only thursday???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home