Monday, April 09, 2007

Mesilla Progress

Here's what The Noble First Top looks like right now :


I've knit 26 rounds of the body and am ready to begin decreasing for the waist. I put it on waste yarn so I could try it out, and so far it fits! A tad loose I think, we'll see as I go along whether it really is. The neck is humongous right now, Mr. P's eyes almost popped out when he saw it :)
But, ye of little faith, know that it will be picked up and knit further to make it er... more modest.
That particular shade of yellow just turns me off everytime I see it so I'm getting ready to order some fiber reactive dye from dharma trading co. I'm thinking a greenish brown with beige/gold embroidery? Or maybe eggplant with light purple work. Hmm. Any suggestions??

I've also been scouring the net for hand embroidery designs. Its for a special project I have in mind.. 'nuff said for now.

I borrowed a bunch of knitting books from the library last week and I think I finally see why knitters like to pretend they can't live without 'em. All those glossy pictures and yummy colors entice the gullible mind. I want to put up a review of sorts of those books so I don't forget them when they trot back to their home. Maybe next post.

I have a huge yarn feast for the eyes comin' up soon. I've been hoarding and not blogging 'cuz I want them all together looking pretty. So stay tuned for some COLOR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home