Friday, March 23, 2007

FO - My So Called Scarf


Pattern: My So Called Scarf
Yarn: Bulky 6-ply merino from Handpaintedyarn.com in color Bombon
Mods: I cast on 24 sts instead of the 30 called for, using size 13 needles instead of 11. I bound off using k2tog instead of k1 to prevent flaring. Let's see... what else? I added a 4" fringe on either side. Of course. I used up about 1½ hanks and the resulting scarf is 4" wide and 69" long without fringe. I wet blocked it, and it really made the sts stand out.

The yarn I used is very soft and has a lovely hand, but a few things to note - it is bulky, it is 6-ply not single spun as I originally thought, and it is easily felted so work with care. It doesn't split, doesn't pill.

And now I'm gonna have to give away this pritty pritty scarf *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Ria said...

This is very beautiful... if it wasn't "tagged" it would have been mine :)

10:11 PM  
Blogger VR said...

Thank you Ria, one of these days your red hat won't be so lonely :D

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home