Monday, April 23, 2007

Generosity...

... when it touches your life, there's nothing quite like it. I got the most filled up box I could have imagined from my yarn swap partner today. Check out all the good stuff.




In other news, I finished the body of Mesilla. It's a perfect fit! I subbed the lower section of the body with a mesh pattern and will do the same with the sleeves. I'm yet to do the sleeves and neck line. So no pics until then.


Next on the needles is a top for my sis. I can't blog about it here 'cuz I haven't told her yet which pattern I'm using and the sneak is bound the check the blog lol. So y'all will have to wait for the FO. I'll put up a sneak up tomorrow though.


I wanted to take a break from the big knitting today so I picked up the hank of handspun wool I got earlier this year and wound it into a little cake. Then I knit up a quick coaster with it. I'll make a few more then toss it into the washer to felt. Here is the yarn cake. I think this is one of the most beautiful things I saw today. I'm not so crazy about the thick thin part of it but since it's for felting so it works.

The color just makes me go sigh. I simply love dusty, dark deep colors. And sometimes, pastels. Brights are just not my thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home