Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Interweave Knits

It is only now, about 8 months since I began knitting, that I'm venturing into knitting books and magazines. As a teenager I used to wait every season for the Needle and Thread magazine my mom subscribed to and spent an inordinate amount of time pouring over the glossy photos and planning grand projects. I still love those old Needle and Thread copies, but over the years I've rarely pursued any other.

But more and more I heard about Interweave Knits. All the hype surrounding it and my own memories of summers spent over craft magazines, and I succumbed. I received my first copy (Spring 2007) a few days ago and... well, I'm not impressed.

Out of 21 projects, I liked two. Just two. And not even all that much.
And then the ads. OMG the ads. There are so frickin' many. Sure, ads have their place in these publications but in such numbers? I'd prefer to have a few more informative articles instead. And finally, it is so frustrating to thumb between the picture and the pattern. Back and forth, back and forth trying to visualize *dizzy*

I'll keep this subscription, because for $21 I'm willing to wait and see if it improves. But I sure wish I could find a magazine I'll wait for every season!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

this issue was the first with this new formatting....and from what I've read on other blogs and message boards, not many like it. The old formatting had the patterns with the pictures and felt and looked more organized and informative. I'm partial to the old formatting as well. I'm hoping for improvements since Eunny Jang is now the new editor of interweave knits.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home