Sunday, April 15, 2007

KH Yarn Swap

Late last month I signed up for this yarn swap hosted on the KnittingHelp.com message boards. It is a secret swap; meaning, you have no idea who will be sending you stuff, and the person you're sending yarn to (your yarnee) has no clue who you are.

My pal is awesome. We've been exchanging mails all this time and she sounds like a fun person. I figured out who she was a little while back, let's just say she loves snow :)
For my yarnee I got some cool stuff. I do wish she has responded to my initial email 'cuz that would have made it easier to get something she'd like. And not to mention, more fun. But anyway, I made some choices and here they are!

The box that will be going out Monday: some yarn and some goodies.



Blue yarn: this is Queensland Uruguay DK which is 70% merino, 20% baby alpaca and 10% silk. It's very soft and I bought it in a lovely shade of blue (she said blue is her favorite color).


This is SWTC Karaoke in a colorway called Mermaid mix, which has shades of blue, green and purples. I got it so she could make the Dragonscale Wristwarmers. The story is while I was spying on her old posts and such trying to figure out what to get, I saw somewhere she liked and wanted this pattern. So I searched, found it and am sending it along with the Karaoke.


The weekend is looking pretty lazy so far. I wish I could knit faster than I can. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home