Thursday, April 26, 2007

There's always a first

This week has been quite productive so far. The house is still a mess and I still haven't made a dent in the To-Do list, but I've been having fun. That counts, doesn't it?

I hand dyed my first hank of wool. It's light worsted 100% merino. I used Wilton icing colors and did it in the microwave. I think it came up quite pretty, if I do say so myself. Wonder if the recepient will like it? ETA: Pics on Monday!

I felted my first knit object. It's a circular coaster made from the pink handspun. I did it in the washing machine and it took forever. Seriously, forever. And it didn't shrink much. But at the end, I still think it turned out pretty neat. I'm now making the remaining 4 smaller ones - 1 done, 3 to go.


I made a blocking board. Picked up a large display board and covered it with gingham fabric.



I also made a couple stitch markers, then put the tools and beads away in preparation for Packing (note the caps). We're moving next month and I want to get my organizing done early this time. Gotta start somewhere so I started with the beads :)

For some unidentifiable reason, I'm balking at casting on for Soleil. I did a couple of times then ripped it out because it was so uneven. I think I can safely blame it on Moving anxieties?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home