Monday, January 14, 2008

FO - Soleil


Pattern: Soleil by
Yarn: Elann Sonata in color 6960 (Victorian Grape)
I started knitting this top for my sister in Dec of 2006 and put it aside until late Sep next year. Once I resumed it went really fast and I gifted it to her for her birthday in Oct 2007. The fit was perfect and she really liked it. This little top is rather special because it is my very first finished garment.
Notes: I knit size M with a slightly tighter gauge and modifications to raise the V neck. Once finished I blocked it to size using another well-fitting top of hers for measurements. I've had several requests to share my modifications for the raised V neck, so here they are - Soleil Mods (coming soon). Keep in mind that these modifications are for size M only, but with a little thought you can easily crunch the numbers for other sizes.
In addition to the low V neck, the top is slightly on the short side. If you're taller than 5'2" I recommend adding a couple of inches to the body.
I found the yarn easy to work with, but not very soft. Also I wouldn't make anything big out of it because it can get pretty heavy and stretch. I thought I was running out of yarn but it turned out I would have been ok with just 5 balls if I had thought to split the last ball.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home