Friday, May 18, 2007

Moving on

What with the IELTS exams and house hunting, the last couple of weeks have been busier than usual. The trip to Chicago was great, the exam went well (results in 2 weeks) and we worked in a visit to a relative's place. No yarn stops but hey I wasn't kiddin' about that 3 month hiatus.

We found out early this week where we're moving to next week. Not a whole lot of time, but we decided to look for a house instead of an apartment this time. Day 1 we look, find a few places, decide to drive by first and dislike all of them. But all the driving around netted us some numbers. So, Day 2 we make a bunch of calls, find out most people are unhappy about 6 month leases. Drive around some more. Day 3, no leads all day and in the evening bam! Just like that we had 3 showings, and liked 2 of them. Day 5 - we are now hopeful about moving into a spacious 3 bedroom house with a fab deck. Neighbors have a dog. Yay!

That still leaves us with tons of packing and hauling but after 3 moves in the last year and half, I guess we can do it now with just a 6 pack at hand. *hic*

Between all this, I did manage to finish up my little surprise project that involved some fabric and floss and yarn. Here's a sneak peak:

And one of my favorite things in the project:

All my WIPs have slowed down to the point of not having grown at all. But hopefully with this move behind us, I can get crackin' at those. Let me see if I can list 'em all:
Sonata top - still working the lace
Hemp bag - have a good 12" to go, lookin' good so far
Mesilla - still have to pick up around the neckline and do the sleeves.
Coasters! I said I would make a dozen *sigh*
Brown bag - knitting all done, I need to put in grommets and felt the sucker. Then line him. Then sew a button on and figure out how he can be put to use.
Keepin' on knittin'...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home