Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The most terrific birthday weekend!

Saturday was the day my last year as a 20-something began. And we spent a memorable weekend up near the mountains to celebrate. We stayed at a beautiful Victorian B&B in Manitou Springs, and spent the weekend exploring the little town, it's mineral springs and riding a train up to Pike's Peak (at an elevation of 14100 feet). The most astonishing find was a little store in town called The Hemp Store where I found some darn nice hemp yarn. I got me 2 skeins to make a market bag type thing. That doesn't really count as yarn, right?

Here's the B&B we stayed at:


Stunning view from atop Pike's Peak:


Our favorite mineral spring - Twin Springs - the water from this spring is sweet and slightly effervescent:

Here's the hemp yarn in a lovely red:

And then there were presents!
I got 2 terrific packages from my bestest sis. The first one came from Amazon - an ultra sharp V-silcer and the stunning book by Jane Sowerby, Victorian Lace Today.


The second package arrived the day we left for Manitou Springs and here's the haul - a bathroom set in pretty pastels, Debbie Stoller's Stitch n Bitch (heh been wanting that one), 2 novels by Jonathan Kellerman, a card, a $100 gift card to Foot Lockers (wowzer), and my favorite - a CD she recorded for me with some songs that we were crazy about when we were growing up. Talk about nostaligia.


Mr.P had been very secretive about his gift to me and with good reason. I got the most awesome chest that looks like it came from the pages of old English novels I used to read a kid. He said it's for my yarn, but I think I'll line it with silk/satin and store my knit accessories in it. Throw in a lavender sachet or two and it'll be perfect.
He also got me my favorite cake from The Boulder Teahouse which I polished off before I could get a pic!

Thank you, guys, for making this birthday special. Love you! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

It looks like it was really a wonderful b-day weekend. One day I want to stay in a bed and breakfast, too.

And love that hemp color. Let us know what it's like to knit with.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home