Sunday, May 06, 2007

FO - Calorimetry


Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Yarn: Bulky 6-ply merino from Handpaintedyarn.com in color Bombon, leftover from MSCS

Mods: Instead of the recommended 120 sts, I cast on 68 based on comments all over blog-land about how this pattern runs large. By the same reasoning, I knit about 7 repeats (instead of 15) of the first set of short rows. It's a perfect fit and the perfect width.
I finished this a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't sewed on the button yet. It took me all of 2½ hours and is great for protecting my hair while on the bike.

3 Comments:

Blogger BrownBerry said...

Hi fellow KH'er!! What a gorgeous rendition of this pattern! I have a very similar colorway in leftover Malabrigo. Are you familiar with that yarn? And if so, do you think it would make a good sub with the mods you made?
You can email me at mamamarce@gmail.com or visit at www.thebrownberry.blogspot.com to give the answer. Thanks!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Pani Thuly said...

Hi,
I love your calorimetry and the picture is great.
I have also been fantasizing off dyeing some yarn, you really give me hope. Your dyed yarn looks beautiful.

12:05 PM  
Blogger VR said...

Thank you!
Brownberry, I'll reply to your question on you blog.
Pani thuly, you really ought to give dyeing a try - it's really easy.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home